Did you know that you can get notified of new articles on the NTEU Chapter 280 blog automatically? Using a nifty technology called RSS, which stand for "rich site summary" or "really simple syndication," you can receive either a notice of a new article, or download the article itself into your web browser, Outlook, or your favorite RSS reader/news aggregator software.
Click this link to launch your web browser. You'll notice a message at the top of the page that allows you to "subscribe" to the feed and get updates in your bookmarks.
You can also subscribe to the RSS feed using Microsoft Outlook following these steps:
- Look for the RSS Subscriptions item in the list of folders in Outlook. It may be located below your Junk Email folder;
- Right-click the RSS Subscriptions item;
- Choose "Add a New RSS Feed..." from the list of items that pop up;
- Paste this address into the window that pops up: http://nteu280.org/blog/?format=rss and click the "Add" button;
- Click "Yes," or click "Advanced" if you'd like to play with the settings;
- Note that all the articles from the blog pop up in a list just like your email
Note that you may lose some of the cool formatting and possibly the images, depending upon which RSS reader you're using.